Using different names on items for sale allows you to keep your products/services easy to manage and deliver a better user experience to your customers when they are purchasing via checkout form.
By default, item name will be used across the place. If you want to display different names:
- navigate to https://vaocher.app/items
- click on the menu item to edit it
- tick on the "Use a different name on the gift voucher" checkbox will show another input where you can enter a different name (displayed on the gift voucher and is read by the recipient).
Where To Display?
- Checkout item name: displayed on the first page of the checkout and is only read by the purchaser
- Gift voucher item name: displayed on the gift voucher(1) and is read by the recipient
(1) Displayed on the gift voucher here includes:
- the printed gift voucher PDF that sent to recipient
- receipt email that sent to purchaser
- Orders listing page (from VaocherApp dashboard)
When To Use?
When buying gift voucher as a gift, the purchaser sometimes does not need to know the exact product or service to buy. They just want the receiver to enjoy whatever they like at your shop/store. Therefore, the purchaser only cares how much of the gift voucher they will buy and pay.
In that case, you would probably have a "custom price" item (see How to sell custom value gift vouchers) that:
- reads "Enter amount" on checkout
- but prints the actual product/service name on the ultimate gift voucher (the PDF that will be sent to the recipient).